Are you ready for the best post-apocalyptic massage of all time? We’re back in action and ready to soothe those quarantined muscles and minds! We reopened on a limited basis beginning Monday June 1, 2020.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and health. By its very nature, massage, stretch, and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact, and infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help us support all of our clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
RISE Massage, Stretch, and Wellness follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Texas State Government. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our clients and ourselves. For example:
- All clients must sign our COVID-19 waiver and update their health history by filling out our updated intake form (even if you’ve filled out an intake form in the past). You will not be able to enter the building until this waiver has been signed electronically.
- When you arrive at the office, we’ll ask that you wait in your vehicle and call the clinic at (512)645-0337 to let us know you’ve arrived. This ensures that we don’t have too many people in the reception area at one time.
- Your therapist will greet you at the door and use a no-touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a temperature over 100 degrees F.
- We will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since filling out the intake form. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building and during your massage.
- We will ask you to wash your hands upon entry to the building and to use hand sanitizer before touching your face mask.
Here is a copy of our state regulations (far too minimal, we think) and a copy of the Federation of State Massage Therapy Board regulations (a comprehensive 45-page manual that goes above and beyond to safeguard the health of all massage clients and therapists). All RISE therapists have completed rigorous COVID sanitation training and will be strictly adhering to the practices and procedures outlined in these documents.
We look forward to seeing you again, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every client, safe at RISE Massage, Stretch, and Wellness.
Thank you for being a valued client and friend of our practice. We cherish your trust and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.