Thai Massage Date Night
A Bowspring-Inspired Zoom Event Taught by Larisa West and Paige Dunlap
- Supported by Rise Massage and Austin Soul Yoga
- WHEN: This Saturday May 2nd 8:30pm – 10pm
- HOW: Register online via Zoom
- and Zoom will email you the link to the class and password!
- HOW MUCH: Sliding Scale $10 – $25 donations sent to @risemassage
Looking for something to shake up your quarantine routine? Join us for an evening of fun, creativity, and excellent bodywork! Bowspring teachers Larisa and Paige will guide you through a very special Thai Massage sequence that blends Thai Massage, Bowspring, Yoga, and Stretch. Let us show you just how much you can do for your health and well-being right at home with your loved one.
About The Workshop
In this 90 minute workshop, you and your partner will take turns giving and receiving a Thai massage under the guidance of your very experienced instructors. This class is perfect for beginners and advanced practitioners alike. All techniques are universally accessible and easy to perform, but be prepared to engage your muscles and open deeply!
This class is not limited to romantic couples only; it is a unique bonding experience for parents and children, caregivers and patients, co-workers, and friends of all kinds.
About the Teachers
Paige Dunlap is a Bowspring Dedicated Teacher with over 20 years of experience teaching Bowspring and Anusara.
Larisa West is a Licensed Massage Therapist and Bowspring Dedicated Teacher with 4 years’ experience at Rise Massage. She specializes in Stretch Bodywork, an innovative blend of Thai bodywork, deep tissue, and pain management massage.
What You Should Do To Prepare
To attend a Zoom Workshop, you’ll want to do the following in advance:
2) Find a quiet space with few distractions. Lay down a soft mat or stack a few blankets on top of each other. Have a spare blanket and some pillows handy. Put the kids to sleep (or distract them if you’re in a different time zone). Put the fur-babies in a different room (they will think its play time). Optional: essential oils, candles, soft music, etc.
3) Wear loose, breathable clothing you can move around in. Wash your hands and feet.
4) A few minutes before class time, follow the link from the registration email to join the meeting. You’ll be taken to the waiting room.
5) Once class time starts, we will admit you from the waiting room to the classroom. Please feel free to sign in 5 or 10 minutes to say hi and ask questions! You’ll enter with your video and audio on, but once class has started we’ll mute you so there aren’t any distractions. You are welcome to have your video on or off as you like, but just know, if we can see you, we can teach to you! We will have a moderator that can take questions during the event, so you can write them in the chat box and we’ll respond directly to the whole class.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, suggestions, or feedback. To schedule a private stretch, bodywork, meditation, or couples instructional session, make your appointment here.